Director of Admissions, RN-BSN, MSN-Learning & Education, MSN-FNP
How to Apply to the RN to BSN Program
- Submit online application to the RN to BSN Program.
- Provide documentation of current, unencumbered licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Submit official transcripts for ALL previous undergraduate and graduate work to:
Northwest Nazarene University
623 S. University Blvd.
Nampa, ID 83686
- Email a Personal Goal Statement to email@example.com. The statement should be a 250 — 300 word essay. Please address the following items for the Nursing Admissions Committee to evaluate content and writing ability (grammar, spelling, and word use):
Brief background of your nursing career.
What is motivating you to attend NNU and why now?
Explain why this program is the best fit for you?
What do you ultimately want to do with your degree?
- Provide a professional recommendation using the online RN to BSN Recommendation Form if cumulative GPA is greater than or equal to 2.5 but less than 2.75*
- Students for whom English is not the native language are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
*Applicants with a GPA of 2.5 - 2.74 may be admitted provisionally. Provisional students must earn a cumulative GPA of 2.75 in the first three nursing courses or they may not be permitted to progress in the RN to BSN Program.
Exceptions to regular admission requirements must be approved by the RN-BSN Program Director.