Senior Admissions Counselor for MSN, MSN FNP, RN–BSN and MS in Counseling
Admission RequirementsApplicants must have completed the following prerequisites prior to applying for admission to the program to receive FULL admission:
- An Associate degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution (or to be completed by the end of the semester in which the applicant applies).
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75* or higher.
- Completion of the following prerequisite courses or their equivalent:
- Human Anatomy and Physiology with Lab (8 credits)
- Microbiology with Lab (4 credits)
- Research Writing (3 credits)
- Statistics (3 credits)
- Proof of a current, unencumbered Registered Nurse (RN) license.
- Good standing with the licensing body for RN licensure.
- Current employment as an RN is highly recommended, but not required.
*Exceptions to regular admission requirements must be approved by the Program Director.
A minimum grade of "C" or "P" is required for each of these courses and a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher. The admission GPA will be taken from the most recent transcript.
All equivalent general education transfer courses must be approved through the NNU Registrar's Office.