After being accepted to NNU, students wishing to pursue a baccalaureate degree in nursing must meet the additional requirements for acceptance into the nursing program found below.
It is recommended that students attend the transfer nursing student information session or meet with the pre-nursing advisor.
The timeline for the admission process has changed. Please read and review the updated Admission Packet carefully to be aware of these changes.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.750 on a scale of 4.0 in the following prerequisites
- Human Anatomy & Physiology I + lab
- Human Anatomy & Physiology II + lab
- Principles of Organic & Biochemistry + lab*
- Introduction to Psychology
- University Writing & Research
- Introduction to Sociology
- Medical Terminology
- Apply and be accepted to Northwest Nazarene University Undergraduate Admission before submitting an application to the Department of Nursing Pre-licensure Program.
- Submit online Application for Admission to the Department of Nursing Pre-licensure Program.
- Minimum grade of "C" in prerequisite courses listed above.
- Meet designated requirements of the TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills).
- Interview with the Admission & Progression Committee.
- All transfer applicants must be advised by the pre-nursing advisor.
- Meet health requirements.
*One semester of Chemistry is required for entrance into the nursing program; Organic/ Biochemistry is preferred.
Submission of Application
Completed Application Due: March 15, 2016 by 5:00 pm
Acceptance Letter Sent to Student: June 1
All completed applications will be reviewed by the Department of Nursing Admission and Progression Committee. All qualified applicants will be ranked for admission to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program based on their GPA, their TEAS score and on their interview. Admission to the BSN program is not guaranteed. If a student who is selected for admission forfeits the opportunity to enter the program, then the next qualified applicant in the ranking will be given the entry option.
A student must receive a combined score (TEAS points, GPA points, and points from the interview) of at least 45 to be considered for ranking for admission to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program.
TEAS Total Score:*
Grade Point Average of Nursing Pre-requisite Courses:
A minimum GPA of 2.750 must be obtained in order to be considered for ranking in the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program.
Interview with Admission and Progression Committee
Students will be required to meet with the Admission and Progression Committee prior in April. Up to 15 points will be given to students that complete the interview process. These points will be added into the combined total for ranking. Students must pass the interview for entry into the nursing program.
An additional 5 points will be given to students who have taken at least 11 credits of nursing pre-requisites at NNU. These points are only available to students who have already met the eligibility requirement of at least 45 points on the rubric above.
Upon receiving the acceptance letter to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program, students will be admitted provisionally pursuant to the results of their background check. Students desiring to enter in the fall semester must complete all clinical requirements before the designated deadline or forfeit the opportunity to enter the program. Routine NNU registration procedures must be followed.
*The TEAS can be taken twice in an application cycle