After being accepted to NNU, students wishing to pursue a baccalaureate degree in nursing must meet the additional requirements for acceptance into the nursing program found below. It is recommended that students attend the transfer nursing student information session or meet with the pre-nursing advisor. The timeline for the admission process has changed. Please read and review the updated Admission Packet carefully to be aware of these changes.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.750 on a scale of 4.0 in the following prerequisites
- BIOL2010 + lab
- BIOL2030 + lab
- CHEM1210 + lab
- Apply and be accepted to Northwest Nazarene University Undergraduate Admission before submitting an application to the Department of Nursing Pre-licensure Program.
- Submit online Application for Admission to the Department of Nursing Pre-licensure Program.
- Minimum grade of "C" in prerequisite courses listed above.
- Meet designated requirements of a Standardized entrance exam such as the TEAS.
- Interview with the Admission & Progression Committee.
- All transfer applicants must be advised by the pre-nursing advisor.
- Meet health requirements.
Submission of Application
Completed Application Due: The application for the nursing program is now closed.
Acceptance Letter Sent to Student: June 1
All completed applications will be reviewed by the Department of Nursing Admission and Progression Committee. All qualified applicants will be ranked for admission to the Bachelor of Science, Nursing program based on their GPA and their TEAS score. Admission to the Bachelor of Science, Nursing program is not guaranteed. If a student who is selected for admission forfeits the opportunity to enter the program, then the next qualified applicant in the ranking will be given the entry option.
A student must receive a combined score (TEAS points + GPA points) of at least 40 to be considered for ranking for admission to the Bachelor of Science, Nursing program.
TEAS Total Score:*
Grade Point Average of Nursing Pre-requisite Courses:
A minimum GPA of 2.750 must be obtained in order to be considered for ranking in the Bachelor of Science, Nursing program.
An additional 5 points will be given to students who have taken at least 11 credits of nursing pre-requisites at NNU. These points are only available to students who have already met the eligibility requirement of at least 40 points on the rubric above.
Upon receiving the acceptance letter to the Bachelor of Science, Nursing program, students will be admitted provisionally pursuant to the results of their background check. Students desiring to enter in the fall semester must complete all clinical requirements before the designated deadline or forfeit the opportunity to enter the program. Routine NNU registration procedures must be followed.
*The TEAS can be taken twice in an application cycle