- Apply to NNU. The applicant must apply and be notified of acceptance to the university before applying to the BSN Program.
- Apply to the On-Campus BSN Program.
- All pre-requisites are included in the Admissions Packet.
- An applicant may email email@example.com to request a meeting with a pre-major advisor to review the application process and pre-requisites prior to applying.
- To be eligible for admission into the BSN Program, a student must:
- Earn a minimum grade of "C" in all prerequisite courses.
- Earn a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0 in the courses required for the admission. (see Plan of Study)
- Successfully complete the Standardized Entrance Exam.
- Pass an interview with a member of the BSN Program Admission Committee.
- Review and agree to meet the Technical Standards for the Nursing Program on pages 12-13 in the Admission Packet.
Note: NNU students will receive preference for admission by taking pre-requisite courses at NNU.
Admission to the BSN program is not guaranteed. Each applicant will be evaluated based upon an admission rubric that combines points from the interview, the standardized entrance exam score, and GPA. Details for point breakdown is available in the admission packet.
It is recommended that students meet with the pre-nursing advisor prior to applying. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed On-Campus BSN Degree Program Application Due Dates:
|Fall (August)||February 14|
|Spring (January)||September 16|
Full Timeline Available in Admission Packet
Guaranteed Undergraduate Nursing Program Admission
Northwest Nazarene University offers guaranteed nursing admission to qualified first time, full-time freshmen students majoring in nursing. If selected, the student is granted admission preference and will not have to participate in the competitive application process to be admitted to the program in their sophomore year.
To be considered for the Guaranteed Nursing Admission Program you must:
- Be accepted to NNU
- Declare nursing as your intended major
- Be a full-time, first-time freshman
- Have a high school cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Have a minimum score of 24 on the ACT or 1180 on the SAT
- Complete a Guaranteed Nursing Program Application
If accepted as part of the Guaranteed Nursing Admission Program as an incoming freshman, you must remain in good standing and meet all nursing department requirements to be granted full admission to the nursing program your sophomore year, including:
- Being a full-time NNU student
- Successfully complete all nursing pre-requisites courses with a minimum of a “C” (prerequisites can be found in application packet)
- Maintaining a college GPA of 3.0 or above, with no repeated courses
- Meeting designated requirements of the standardized exam
- Acknowledging and agreeing to adhere to the Technical Standards for the Nursing Program (found in admissions packet)
- Turning 18 years old by the 2nd semester of your Sophomore year (necessary to meet clinical rotation requirements)