Bachelor of Science in Nursing
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing program is a traditional undergraduate degree designed for a high school graduate or transfer student who seeks a quality bachelor’s degree program that meets the requirements for an RN licensure. The program offers a broad based foundation in nursing with a holistic approach focused on the patient in the context of their family and community.
Quick facts and highlights:
- One year of prerequisite work and three years in the nursing program allow for completion of the degree in a traditional four year time frame
- Clinicals at a variety of healthcare facilities throughout the Boise Valley
- Competitive but straightforward admission process
- Active chapter of the Student Nursing Association (SNA)
- Yearly international medical mission trip opportunities to places like Tanzania, Myanmar and Thailand.
- State-of-the-art labs and equipment in the Thomas Family Health and Science Center
Mission of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing ProgramThe mission of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program at Northwest Nazarene University is to provide a quality education in professional nursing, grounded in the liberal arts. We endeavor to develop graduates who will:
- Serve God and humanity
- Act with wisdom, integrity and caring
- Demonstrate competence in an environment of diversity and change
- Develop effective nursing leadership strategies
- Value the pursuit of professional growth and graduate education