Nursing faculty aspire to professional excellence in teaching, practice, scholarship, and service to Northwest Nazarene University and the communities of Idaho and elsewhere. Our vision is to be a community of nurse leaders, guiding professional nurses and advanced practitioners who are committed to Christian values, professional ideals, lifelong learning, and meaningful practice in an increasingly technological health care system within national and international communities.
Five vision imperatives give focus to NNU VISION 2025:
- Forming Scholars—Pursuing Truth, Seeking Wisdom (Professional excellence in teaching and practice)
- Nurturing Disciples—Living in the Great Commandments (Leading and guiding professional nurses)
- Serving the Church—Covenant Partners in the Great Commission (Service to NNU & communities)
- Shaping the Culture—God’s Creative Agents (Committed to professional ideal and meaningful practice)
- Redeeming the World—God’s Redemptive Agents (Committed to Christian values)