The Department of Nursing at Northwest Nazarene University provides undergraduate, degree completion and graduate programs related to the professional field of nursing. We are nationally accredited and offer programs that can meet the needs of students in a wide variety of settings.
- Traditional Undergraduate Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Degree
- Online Undergraduate RN–BS in Nursing (RN-BSN) Degree
- Online Graduate Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Degree
The traditional undergraduate program is designed to lead to a career in the provision of direct patient care in a variety of healthcare settings.
The RN–BSN is a fully online degree completion program designed to provide current registered nurses with the academic and clinical content to earn a Bachelor's degree in nursing.
The MSN degree is a fully online program that prepares associates or baccalaureate degree nurses for roles in leadership and education in community agencies, educational institutions and clinical facilities.
Nursing Department's Vision
Nursing faculty aspire to professional excellence in teaching, practice, scholarship, and service to Northwest Nazarene University and the communities of Idaho and elsewhere. Our vision is to be a community of nurse leaders, guiding professional nurses and advanced practitioners who are committed to Christian values, professional ideals, lifelong learning, and meaningful practice in an increasingly technological health care system within national and international communities. Five vision imperatives give focus to NNU's Vision 2025:
- Forming Scholars—Pursuing Truth, Seeking Wisdom (Professional excellence in teaching and practice)
- Nurturing Disciples—Living in the Great Commandments (Leading and guiding professional nurses)
- Serving the Church—Covenant Partners in the Great Commission (Service to NNU & communities)
- Shaping the Culture—God’s Creative Agents (Committed to professional ideal and meaningful practice)
- Redeeming the World—God’s Redemptive Agents (Committed to Christian values)