We are so excited you're interested in a nursing degree from Northwest Nazarene University's Department of Nursing. Our nursing graduates are sought by employers who recognize the superior quality of education these professionals receive.
The baccalaureate degree in nursing at Northwest Nazarene University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
Nursing Department Vision -
Nursing faculty aspire to professional excellence in teaching, practice, scholarship, and service to Northwest Nazarene University and the communities of Idaho and elsewhere. Our vision is to be a community of nurse leaders, guiding professional nurses and advanced practitioners who are committed to Christian values, professional ideals, lifelong learning, and meaningful practice in an increasingly technological health care system within national and international communities.
Five vision imperatives give focus to NNU VISION 2025:
- Forming Scholars-Pursuing Truth, Seeking Wisdom (Professional excellence in teaching and practice)
- Nurturing Disciples-Living in the Great Commandments (Leading and guiding professional nurses)
- Serving the Church-Covenant Partners in the Great Commission (Service to NNU & communities)
- Shaping the Culture-God’s Creative Agents (Committed to professional ideal and meaningful practice)
- Redeeming the World-God’s Redemptive Agents (Committed to Christian values)
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
The Department of Nursing at Northwest Nazarene University provides undergraduate and degree completion programs related to the professional field of nursing. We have nationally accredited and specialized programs that can meet the needs of students in a wide variety of settings.
- Traditional Undergraduate Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree
- Online Undergraduate RN-BS in Nursing Degree
The traditional undergraduate program is designed to lead to a career in the provision of direct patient care in a variety of healthcare settings.
The RN-BS nursing degree is a fully online degree completion program designed to provide current registered nurses with the academic and clinical content to earn a Bachelor's degree in nursing.
Nursing scholarships have been proudly supported by the Nagel Foundation since the inception of the NNU Nursing Program.