We are so excited you're interested in a nursing degree from Northwest Nazarene University's Department of Nursing. Our nursing graduates are sought by employers who recognize the superior quality of education these professionals receive.
Bachelor of Science, Nursing
The Bachelor of Science with a major in nursing is a traditional undergraduate degree program designed for a high school graduate or transfer student who seeks a quality bachelor’s degree program that meets the requirements for an RN licensure. The program offers a broad based foundation in nursing with a holistic approach focused on the patient in the context of their family and community.
Program quick facts and highlights:
- One year of prerequisite work and three years in the nursing program allow for completion of the degree in a traditional four year time frame
- Clinicals at a variety of healthcare facilities throughout the Treasure Valley
- Competitive but straightforward admission process
- Active chapter of the Student Nursing Association (SNA)
- Yearly international medical mission trip opportunities to places like Nicaragua, Ukraine, Peru and Ghana
- State-of-the-art labs and equipment in the Thomas Family Health and Science Center
The baccalaureate degree in nursing at Northwest Nazarene University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
Nursing scholarships have been proudly supported by the Nagel Foundation since the inception of the NNU Nursing Program.